...being a (fictional) chronicle of an everyday teacher, from a school near you...

Sunday 2 January 2011

Not long now

As it's a Sunday, the afternoon is, naturally, given up to planning as usual.  Though officially it's still holiday, so this poses a dilemma - to plan or not to plan.  Am I still on holiday, even though it's a Sunday, or am I not?  Sneaky Facebook peeks suggest my colleagues across the land fall into both camps pretty equally.  Hmm.. let's weigh it up..
  • Q: How many days do I have to teach next week?  A: three. 
  • Q: How much will my class feel like working on day 1?  A. Zilch.
  • Q: Should I let them talk to each other a lot - to share ideas, of course? A. Most definitely.
  • Q: Can I still get away with getting them to write about their Christmas holiday? A. Of course - they'll love it - and they can illustrate it too. Copiously.
  • Q: Can I spend quite a lot of time explaining the coming term to them?  A: No problem.
  • Q: Should I use my Sunday afternoon (in the middle of the holiday), to plan?  A: No!
Decision made!  How satisfying!

No comments:

Post a Comment