...being a (fictional) chronicle of an everyday teacher, from a school near you...

Sunday 9 January 2011

Suckers

I'm expecting a possible visit tomorrow morning from Chloe's mother.  It's hard to know how to respond to her.  She sent a note in at the end of last week telling me off because I'd told Chloe not to suck her thumb (she does it all the time), as it might make her teeth stick out - OK maybe a bit insensitive, but my cousing did it and she ended up having to wear braces for a year!  I thought I was being kind and helpful.  Chloe's mother has a different opinion.  Her note said 'Because of your comment, Chloe now thinks that Jesus won't love her if she sucks her thumb'. ?????  I'm sure she's not going to leave it at that, it's not her style, so what do I say if she comes in?  Maybe ask 'And what do you think, Mrs. F.?'  Tell her the truth?  Probably the best.  Apologise?  I don't think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment